A Weekend in Auburn: My Out-of-State Experience

By: Giovanna Atti

The only thing better than a week at Auburn is a weekend at Auburn. For me the perfect weekend includes food, fun and friends. In springtime, Auburn’s campus is more beautiful than ever— tulips spring up in Centennial Gardens, cherry blossoms engulf Cater Hall, and Samford Lawn is lush and green, making the perfect spot for a picnic. My friends and I often walk around campus and debate about what we should get for dinner. The beauty in a college town like Auburn is that everyone can get something different and still eat together. I usually end up with Taco Mama and meet my friends back on Samford Lawn to enjoy our meal. We window shop and end the night with a sweet treat from Toomer’s Drugs. On sunnier days, you can find me relaxing at the Rec pool reading a book or taking a nap. The plush towels, crystal blue water, and comfortable lounge chairs make me feel like I am at a resort, much less college. If I’m in more of an adventurous mood, my friends and I enjoy exploring the outskirts of Auburn. We’ve hiked at Chewacla State Park and climbed the fire tower at Lake Martin. As you can see, there are many ways to spend a weekend in Auburn, and you won’t regret sticking around to experience all that Auburn has to offer!